...Growing, Building, Cooking, Preserving, Crafting...

2006 began our urban homestead when I broke ground on a garden, which now includes perennial fruits, flowers, & many vegetable varieties. We dream of solar panels, keeping bees and hens. Until then we'll continue growing and preserving our own fruits and vegetables, building what we can for our home, cooking from scratch, and crafting most days.

3.16.2010

So Eager to Get Gardening

This time of year I find myself just kind of lingering and putzing around the garage at my garden shelf preparing whatever I can for the season.  Vera and I returned from a walk today and I let her keep sleeping in the stroller as I straightened up some things on my shelf: sorting through branches I keep for making impromptu trellises pulling out the bamboo poles I may use for a mason bee house, organizing the collection of stakes and broken broom handles I use as stakes, checking my buckets of peat moss and bone meal to see if I need to restock, and generally whisk brooming my shelves so they're tidied and ready.  I opened the coldframe on this beautifully sunny day to give the spinach some air circulation and better light.  And I'm hoping to start deciphering the lean-to greenhouse erection directions this weekend.  I smell spring in the air--even though they call for more snow possibly this weekend.  I will relish the moment and think positively about warm weather soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment