...Growing, Building, Cooking, Preserving, Crafting...

2006 began our urban homestead when I broke ground on a garden, which now includes perennial fruits, flowers, & many vegetable varieties. We dream of solar panels, keeping bees and hens. Until then we'll continue growing and preserving our own fruits and vegetables, building what we can for our home, cooking from scratch, and crafting most days.

2.04.2013

Quieting Down

I'm finally getting a chance to settle into the winter quiet.  Our remodeling project wrapped up a couple of weeks ago and we're just about finished with some other rearranging and remodeling from the weekend.  (Will share more space-saving ideas in a later post.)
The new wall paint in V's room, which
I did NOT intend to be pink, but it goes
well with the woodwork and these
"wabi-sabi" floors I love.
We donated our old couch, which had an amazing 10-year
run.  So many stories this old couch has heard.
Managed to get my garden seeds ordered today--my focus for the season is color, texture, unique varieties not found at the farmers' market, and LOTS of greens while Vera's going to grow an all purple and pink vegetable garden (I thought we might as well capitalize on her current obsession with these two colors.)

I've also tied up some loose ends on a few mending projects that were sitting around for a while.  It's a slow time, but I'm relishing the quiet and hoping to dig into a good book soon.


Found this basic denim vest at a rummage sale last year and removed the
train patch on the upper L.
I new I wanted to make my own patch so I started freestyling with some
of the knit T-shirt scraps I have stashed.

It turned into a sort of "sun" with a vintage bird button I found at the
antique flea market a couple seasons ago.

As they say in Portlandia, "put a bird on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment